2014年5月14日星期三

SUMMER STARTER


Now that it's the middle of May and summer is just around the corner, I'm already starting to make plans for fun outdoor activities.  So I decided to share two of my favorite places to go & the ideal outfits to wear for each occasion.  When heading to the beach, I usually opt for lightweight pieces that I can throw on over my suit - this striped tank couldn't be more perfect for layering with (try it with a lightweight scarf like I did here, under a denim jacket or with an open-knit cardigan).  A pair of flat sandals is also a must-have for the beach - these are a great neutral color, comfortable to walk in & would pair equally as well with cropped pants and day dresses.





What I'm wearing:
c/o Old Navy tank, c/o Old Navy scarf, shorts (old; similar here, here or here), LOFT cardigan, 
c/o Old Navy sandals, Pulicati tote (similar here or here), J. Crew Factory sunglasses, 
Bracelets: Vintage & Forever 21 (here and similar), Forever 21 earrings (similar), 
Lips: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable (Rendezvous)

Almost once a week in the summertime, my kids beg for us to have an outdoor picnic.  We like to try out new locations but this one is special because we used to live in the apartments nearby, so we have a lot of memories from afternoons spent here.  When heading out to the park, I'm all about basics that are simple & chic - it's important that I'm comfortable enough to sit in the grass & be able to chase after my kids.  These jeans have a cropped length that's nice for summer with just the right amount of stretch for a flattering fit. They come in dozens of colors, but I liked this neutral hue because it will be easy to dress up with a black blazer and heels for transitioning into evening.


What I'm wearing:
c/o Old Navy top, c/o Old Navy jeans, Guess sandals (similar here or here), ALDO hat (similar), 
Necklaces: Zara (similar) & c/o ShopLately, Nails: Sally Hansen Sun Kissed
Source from:http://www.pennypincherfashion.com/2014/05/summer-starter.html

没有评论:

发表评论